5 Things You Need to Know Today: Tuesday, Oct. 16
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in the grocery store.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Tuesday off to a terrific start and to help make you the smartest person in the brass section.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 57. West wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 35. West wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 63. West wind around 6 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
- Thursday Night A chance of showers after 2am. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. Quote of the Day: "That is a really good win for us,” said head coach Jeffrey Keefe. “We’ve been working hard through a tough part of our schedule the last couple weeks and we’ve had some really close games, games we felt like we played good enough to win. Today we finished it.” Tewksbury girls soccer coach Jason Keefe, talking about his team's 2-1 win over Wilmington.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "I agree with Mary, if you have nothing to hide and you are the named person on the voting lists then why not show some form of ID....it would avoid voter fraud, and we all know that is happening all the time!" Reader Concernedshopper, commenting on the story, "Town Clerk Clarifies 'Inactive Voters' Issue."
4. By The Numbers: $5,000. That's how much money you can win in the Patch Halloween Costume Contest!! Click here for details.
5. It's Happening Tonight: The Board of Selectmen will be meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. Among the items on the agenda are an appearance by Joe Dermoddy, who will step out from behind the camera to talk with the board about cable status.
And Don't Forget: If you are unemployed, underemployed or just want a new job, there is no better place to start looking for a new job is the Tewksbury Patch Jobs Page, featuring more than 5,000 jobs within 25 miles of Tewksbury. here to get started.