5 Things You Need to Know Today: Tuesday, Sept. 4
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person stuck in traffic.
Here are 5 pieces of information to help get your Tuesday started on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person on the bus.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be a chance of showers before 10am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 10am and 1pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 76. Southeast wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tuesday Night Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11pm. Patchy fog. Low around 67. South wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then showers likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Patchy fog. High near 75. Southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers. Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of showers. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 63.
2. In Case You Missed It Over The Weekend: Tewksbury Police were involved in a dangerous standoff with a suspect at the Motel 6. They managed to take the person into custody without injury. It was later revealed that the man was a suspect in a Framingham shooting incident.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "They will only be making phoney ID's Just like Handicapped Placards. If a law went through you can bet that the crooks will be pumping out cards by the thousands." Reader BIG FISH LIL BROOK, commenting on the story, "TELL US: Should Massachusetts Pass a Voter ID Bill?"
4. It's Happening Tonight: The Library Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet at 6:45 p.m. in the Tewksbury Public Library.
5. Deadlines, Deadlines, Deadlines: The deadline to apply for Tewksbury's Senior Tax Work-Off Program Deadline is Sept. 14. Seniors could earn up to $750 taken off their property tax bill.