5 Things You Need To Know Today: Wednesday, April 25
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table.
Here are five pieces of information designed to start your Wednesday with a song in your heart and to help make you the smartest person caught in rush-hour traffic on I-93.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today there is a slight chance of showers after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 57. West wind between 6 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Tonight: A slight chance of showers before 9pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 36. West wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday: Showers likely, mainly after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 63. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Thursday Night: Showers likely, mainly before midnight. Patchy fog before 9pm. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 44. North wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 57. West wind between 16 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
2. Quote of the Day: "My interest is what's in the best interest of the group as a whole." Selectman Todd Johnson, former chairman of the Board of Selectmen, on whether or not he had been interested in a fifth term.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "Thanks Ira Toyota. We appreciate you running your business in Tewksbury and all of your generosity to our community, especially the Memorial Day parade." Reader Jim Wentworth, commenting on the story, "POTD: Ira Toyota Donates To Memorial Day Parade."
4. It's Happening Today: Two key municipal meetings are going on tonight. The Tewksbury School Committee will be holding its post-election re-organization meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Wynn Middle School.
Then, at 7 p.m., the Finance Committee will be holding a public hearing at Town Hall on the warrants for the upcoming Annual Town Meeting and Special Town meetings.
5. It's Happening Today, Part 2: The boys varsity lacrosse team is in action today at the Livingston Street field against Melrose High. Game time is 4 p.m.
And Don't Forget: Editor Bill Gilman will be on AM980 WCAP this morning at 8:20 a.m. talking with Teddy Panos about the leadership shift on the Board of Selectmen and all the other top news in Tewksbury.
And One More Thing: If you have lunch or dinner today at Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and you present this flyer, Applebee's will give 15 percent of your total bill to the Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library.