5 Things You Need To Know Today, Wednesday, Feb. 27
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your book club.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to help get you over the hump on this Wednesday and to help make you the smartest person in the express aisle at the supermarket.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today we will see rain and snow, becoming all rain after 4pm. Patchy fog before 8am, then Patchy fog after 4pm. High near 37. East wind 14 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night Rain. Patchy fog before 3am. Low around 35. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Thursday Showers likely. Patchy fog between 8am and 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Rain showers likely before 11pm, then snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A chance of snow showers before 11am, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Should just seize the whole Oakdale Plaza including McDonald because of all the problems down there especially with the drugs." Reader Rick Ross, commenting on the story, "Off-Duty Officer Stops Alleged Drug Distribution."
3. It's Happening Today: Stop by the Tewksbury Public Library at 6:30 p.m. for the Evening Book Discussion Group: "Night Road" by Kristin Hannah.
4. It's Happening Today, Part 2: With the boys teams eliminated from the post-season, it's up to the Tewksbury High girls teams to carry the Redmen Banner as tournament action continues. The girls hockey team travels down I-95 to take on Canton High at the Metropolis Rink in Canton in the Div. 2 North Round of 16. the puck drops at 4:30 p.m. Meanwhile, the girls basketball team visits North Andover in the Round of 16 of the D-2 North Tournament. Tap-off is 7 p.m.
5. And Another Thing: Don't forget, Editor Bill Gilman visits with Teddy Panos on 980 WCAP every Wednesday at 9:20 a.m. to talk about the latest Tewksbury headlines. Tune in!!