5 Things You Need To Know Today, Wednesday, Jan. 2
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get you over the hump this Wednesday and to help make you the smartest student absolutely delighted to be back at school today.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will feature increasing clouds, with a high near 29. West wind 5 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -3. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -6. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of snow showers after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
2. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury Varsity Wrestling is home tonight vs Chelmsford. Matches begin at 7 p.m. in the TMHS gym. the boys' ice hockey team is also at home with an 8 p.m. game at Breakaway Ice Center against Billerica.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "I think a sporting goods store, like Modells would do well. Evan a Michaels would probably work too!?! I loved the craft store that was in with Jimbos. Enough with the restaurants & food stores!" Reader Lau, commenting on the story, "What New Business Would You Like To See In Tewksbury In 2013?"
5. By The Numbers: $8.66 per $1,000 valuation. That's the lowest residential property tax rate among 27 Eastern Mass. communities surveyed by Patch. Which community's tax rate is so low? Find out by clicking here.