5 Things You Need To Know Today, Wednesday, Jan. 30
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at the watercooler.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get you over the hump this Wednesday and to help make you the smartest person in line at the drive-thru.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today there will be a chance of showers. Patchy fog between 7am and 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 54. South wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 2am, then showers likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 42. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of showers, mainly before 10am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 46. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I think the real key is that this new building is going to be properly maintained thereby extending the life of the building considerably longer than the previous HS." Reader Jonathan Ciampa, commenting on the story, "Proposed School Department Budget Would Increase By 3.6 Percent."
3. It's Happening Today: Looking for something fun and tasty to do with the kids tonight? Check out the Chuck E Cheese Dine Out for Dewing and North Street Schools. Support the North Street and Dewing Schools at the Chuck E. Cheese dine out. There is no school on January 30 so come have lunch or dinner, or just drop in to play! Chuck E. Cheese is located right off the Lowell Connector at 199 Plain Street, Lowell, MA. 10:00AM- 9:00PM. A portion of your purchase will go to support the Dewing and North Street PACs.
4. It's NOT Happening Today: Those kids hanging out at the Livingston Street Playground or over at Merrimack Valley Pavilion are not playing hookey. Due to a professional development day there is no school in Tewksbury today.
5. Quote of the Day: "It could happen to anyone. It's like there's no accountability. They just pull this crap." Motel Caswell owner Russ Caswell, talking about the Federal Government's efforts to seize his property.