5 Things You Need to Know Today: Wednesday, July 18
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person tanning poolside.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Wednesday off on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person at the watercooler.
1. Your Local 3-day Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will see scattered showers, mainly after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 90. West wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Scattered showers, mainly before midnight. Patchy fog after 2am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Thursday Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 58. North wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 57.
2. It's Happening Today: The funeral for Ed Sullivan will be held today at 9 a.m., from the Farmer and Dee funeral home, followed by his Funeral Mass at 10 a.m., at St. Williams Church 1351 Main St., Rte. 38, Tewksbury. Interment at Tewksbury Cemetery.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "I don't have a problem with it. When you think about it in terms of being close to Livingston, the actual hospital is closer to the fields than this house, so I'm not that worried. The rules seem to take care of my issues, so it's fine with me." Reader RunningGreen, commenting on the story, "What's Going On With The House At East And Livingston?."
4. It's Also Going On Today: Looking for a place to cool down? Look no further than Cool Crafts at the Library at 2 p.m. Kids ages 5 to 12 are welcome to drop in to make a craft today! Our project will vary every week. Come see what we are up to and go home with a cool craft of your own. Crafts are geared for the listed ages. Younger children may not necessarily be able to handle making the craft. No registration required and the program is free.
5. London Calling: Are you headed to the 2012 Summer Olympics in London? We'd love to talk with you. If you're headed to London and would be willing to participate in a Patch story, email your contact information to email@example.com
And Don't Forget: Editor Bill Gilman will be on AM 980 WCAP this morning at 8:20 a.m. chatting with Teddy Panos about the top stories in Tewksbury!