5 Things You Need To Know Today: Wednesday, March 28
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person on your street.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Wednesday started in high gear and to help make you the smartest person who ever thought a 401K would be a REALLY long race.
1. Your 3-day Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be a chance of showers, mainly between 1pm and 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. South wind between 5 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. West wind at 6 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Thursday: A chance of rain showers before 11am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind between 8 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Northwest wind between 8 and 16 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 50.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
2. It's Happening Today: Patch Academy! Everything you always wanted to know about Patch and how to use it but were afraid to ask. Patch Academy will be going on from 3 to 5 p.m. (stop in anytime) at the Panera Bread in Wilmington. And yes, free refreshments and giveaways.
3. It's Happening Today, The Sequel: Taste of Tewksbury. This event is "can't miss stuff." It runs from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Tewksbury Country Club and features samples from some of the best restaurants in Tewksbury and the surrounding towns. Mmmmmmmm.
4. It's Happening Today, The Final Chapter: The Sky Box at 553 Main St. will be hosting a Bruins Playoff Party, starting at 6 p.m. The host for the evening will be none other than Bruin Chris Kelly! Tickets are limited but should still be available at the door.
5. Reader Comment of the Day: "I own my own business. It is a struggle every day. Each day is unpredictable. Sometime we are busy and sometimes we could have just one customer. I can see that the economy has not improved by the spending habits of my customers. It is actually reflective of the poll. Some sales are great, others charge $2. I just hope people realize the importance of shopping local, from small businesses. Small businesses give back to the community. It is a win/win situation." Reader Diana Ardagna Cavanaugh, commenting on the story, "Are You Better Off Now Than You Were A Year Ago?"
Don't Forget: Listen to editor Bill Gilman this morning and every Wednesday morning on 980WCAP at 8:20 a.m., chatting with Teddy Panos about the latest Tewksbury headlines.