5 Things You Need To Know Today: Wednesday, May 2
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in English class.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Wednesday started on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person wondering how the heck it got to be May so quickly.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be a chance of drizzle before 11am. Areas of fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. Northeast wind between 5 and 8 mph. Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. East wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm.
Thursday: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Southeast wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. South wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday: Showers likely, mainly after noon. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Friday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
2. It's Happening Today: "Lunch With ..." is back and our guest today for a live chat is Tewksbury Selectman and Republican state representative candidate Doug Sears! The chat begins at 12:30 p.m. Have your questions and comments ready and join the conversation.
3. By The Numbers: $745,000. That's the savings to the town ($323,000) and the school district ($422,000) in the first year of a four-year health insurance deal negotiated by Town Manager Richard Montuori and the municipal unions.
4. It's Happening Today, Part 2: The Young Gardeners Club will meet at 3 p.m. at the Tewksbury Public Library. Have a green thumb? Or want to just try out gardening? Join Miss Noelle for some digging in the dirt! Kids ages 4 to 14 are welcome to come outside and help take care of our library gardens. Yes, there will be weed-pulling, but there will also be digging and planting.
No registration required. Wear clothes you can get dirty and please bring gardening gloves if you have them (the Dollar Store sells them!). If you have gardening tools, feel free to bring those along, but make sure to put your name on them. We should have tools to share.
5. Reader Comment of the Day: "The DUI laws need an overhaul, until then the DUI's will continue to climb. Guilty of one - no drivers license for a year. Guilty of more then one? Drivers license revoked forever and jail time. Its a lucrative business for lawyers and that's why their wouldn't be any change. If a judges or pols family member is maimed...then we we see real change." Reader Sam commenting on the story, "Tewksbury Man Charged With Assaulting Elderly Family Member."
And Don't Forget: Editor Bill Gilman will be live on 980WCAP this morning at 8:20 a.m. talking to Teddy Panos about the top news in Tewksbury.