5 Things You Need to Know Today: Wednesday, Oct. 24
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person stuck in traffic on East Street.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get you over the hump on this Wednesday and to help make you the smartest person at the supermarket.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Calm wind.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. Light south wind.
- Friday Patchy fog before 7am, then Patchy fog between 8am and 9am, then Patchy fog between 10am and 11am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 71.
- Friday Night Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 49.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I heard Romney was so mad that he lost last night that he went out and bought a company this morning and fired all 428 workers..." Reader Joey, commenting on the article, "Romney or Obama: Who Won The Final Presidential Debate?"
3. Quote of the Day: “I don’t believe in holding 98 percent of families and 97 percent of small businesses hostage to give the top two percent tax breaks. Scott Brown is working for a Republican majority in the Senate and that’s bad for Massachusetts.” Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren, speaking during a campaign stop in Tewksbury on Tuesday.
4. It's Happening Today: It will be a debate doubleheader tonight in McGrath Auditorium at Tewksbury High School. At 6:30 p.m., state Rep. Jim Miceli, D-Andover, and his Republican challenger, Tewksbury Selectman Doug Sears will square off in their only debate of the campaign at 6:30 p.m. The second half of the doubleheader, starting at 7:45 p.m., will put state Sen. Barry Finegold, D-Andover against his Republican Challenger, state Rep. Paul Adams, R-Andover. The debates are being sponsored by the Lowell Sun, along with its media partners Tewksbury Patch, Wilmington Patch and the Town Crier.
5. It's Also Happening Today: Tewksbury High Field Hockey vs. Dracut. The Redmen are back home today for a game against the Middies at the Livingston Street Fields. Game time is 3:45 p.m.