5 Things You Need to Know Today: Wednesday, Oct. 31
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest Trick-or-Treater in the neighborhood.
Happy Halloween! Here are five pieces of information designed to help you have spooktacular time on this Wednesday and to help make you the smartest person in your office.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today there is a chance of showers, mainly before 3pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 63. Southeast wind 6 to 9 mph becoming south in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday A slight chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Cloudy, with a low around 40. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I think it was the right call. I am still without power and a tree took down all the power lines at the kids bus stop. You have power so you can not understand what it's like to be in our shoes. You know my neighbor asked to be put on a medical emergency list to have power restored since his wife is on hospice. Guess what? 24 hours later and we are still in the dark with a tree/wires down blocking the entrance to our street. But I guess we will get the kids to school!" Reader Gg, commenting on the story, "Why Did Tewksbury Opt To Cancel School Tuesday?"
3. It's Happening Today: You think the kids know what today is? Trick-or Treating will take place tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. Please be very careful on the roads.
4. Do You Have a Financial Mind?: The town's Finance Committee has a vacancy to fill. It's an unexpired term that will run through June 30, 2014. The appointment will be made by a committee made up of the Town Moderator, the Chairman of the Board of Selectmen and the Chairman of the Finance Committee. Anyone interested in the position should fill out a committee application and submit it by Nov. 16.
5. By the Numbers: 50. According to the Town of Tewksbury 2011 Consumer Confidence Report for the Tewksbury Water Department, Tewksbury residents use, on average, 50 gallons of water per day per person.