5 Things You Need to Know Today: Wednesday, Sept. 19
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in the cafeteria.
Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Wednesday going in the fast lanes and to help make you the smartest person in the grocery store.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today there will be scattered showers, mainly before 7am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 71. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 44. North wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 65. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Friday A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. North wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night A slight chance of showers before 3am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
2. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury High boys and girls cross country teams are in action today at home against Lowell High. The races begin at 4 p.m. at the course down the Parks and Recreation Complex on Livingston Street.
3. It's Also Happening Today: Do you have a young child, Tewksbury KinderCare, 847 North St., will be holding an open house this morning at 10 a.m.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "I am PSYCHED. Less gas and wear and tear on my little car now as well as added time to my (and so many others') commute. It has been a long 2 1/2 years. I understand some residents are concerned about the speeders but they are there whether or not the bridge is open. I can't wait to drive over it and see if they widened it at all- it was always a narrow bridge." Reader Rachel Henba, commenting on the story, "Brown Street/Whipple Road Bridge To Re-Open Next Week."
5. Quote of the Day: "Nothing has been decided, but yes, we're talking to them." Town Manager Richard Montuori, talking about negotiations with Group1, parent company of the Ira Motors Group, regarding leading the Hardy-Pike House as a temporary Town Hall.
And Don't Forget: Editor Bill Gilman will be speaking with Teddy Panos on AM980 WCAP this morning at 8:10 a.m. about all the latest headlines in Tewksbury.