Alleged Drunk Driver Flees After Causing Accident
The following information was supplied by the Tewksbury Police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
A Tewksbury motorcyclist is facing drunk driving charges after allegedly causing an accident on Sunday (Sept. 4) and fleeing the scene.
Jason Stanichuk, 36, 2 Woodland Drive, is charged with OUI-liquor (second offense), leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. To add to his woes, Stanichuk sustained a leg injury in the accident that required hospital treatment.
According to reports filed by the Tewksbury Police, dispatch received a call transfered from the State Police in Andover. According to the caller, a motorcycle had been involved in an accident and had fled the scene. The caller said the motorcyclist appeared to be intoxicated and may have broken his leg.
Officers caught up with Stanichuk at the corner of North and Woodland and placed him under arrest. He was taken to Saints Medical Center for treatment.
- Patrick Crowley, 3 Pinewood Road, Tewksbury, was arrested on Tuesday, Sept. 6, at 12:21 a.m. on an outstanding warrant.
- Ryan Crockett, 17, 35 Arlington St., Tewksbury, was arrested on Monday, Sept. 5 and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
- Anthony J. Cortijo, 23, 124 6th St. Apt. 2, Lowell, was arrested on Monday, Sept. 5, at 11:25 a.m. after a motor vehicle stop at 427 Main St. He is charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, obstructing an emergency vehicle and operating a motor vehicle without registration in possession.
- Brian Johnson, 42, 102 Appleton St., Lowell and Candi Serouin, 36, 21 Brewster St., Portsmouth, NH, were arrested on Saturday, Sept. 3 at 2 p.m. after being detained at Home Depot for shoplifting. Both are charged with larceny over $250. Johnson was charged with an outstanding warrant and Serouin was charged with possessing a Class E substance.
- David Robert Woodworth, 39, 1076 Chandler St., was arrested on Friday, Sept. 2 and charged with assault and battery after a 911 call reporting a fight between family members.
Multiple 911 calls reported a two-car accident with rollover at the corner of Whipple and Marsden around 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 3. Both vehicle were significantly damaged and had to be towed. One of the drivers was injured and was taken to Saints Medical Center in Lowell for non-life threatening injuries.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org