Alternative Fitness Training
If you cannot afford personal fitness training there are other personalized fitness options available.
Personal fitness training is a very useful way to help get in shape and learn about exercise and fitness. Personal fitness training is also very expensive and a luxury not everyone can afford.
Many people cannot simply enter a gym or develop a program for themselves. They need assistance and need some guidance with exercise
What are some alternative forms of more personalized fitness training that Tewksbury residents can pursue?
- Orientations- Many gym facilities offer you a free personal training session with your membership. Often times this is not designed to teach you a program but to give you a sales pitch and sell their training. Before you join your fitness facility ask if you can get an orientation on the equipment. The Merrimack Valley YMCA offers free orientations and can help you set up a program for free with their membership.
- Group Exercise Classes- Although you are not getting as much personal attention classes are a great way to get structure and live demonstrations to help you with your fitness goals. The classes have clear times and many facilities like Planet Fitness and Gold's Gym offer many different options throughout the day.
- Small Group Personal Training- Group training is becoming a very popular alternative to personal training. If you can grab a friend or spouse you can save money on a session and still get very personalized attention. Ask around about discounted rates for semi private or small group personal training.
- Online Personal Training-Many People are on a computer for the better part of their day. Online personal training is a nice alternative to having someone with you live. Many online personal trainers will help set up a fitness and nutrition program for you to use and monitor and adjust your plan for a nominal fee. They also have great online exercise examples that are easy to follow. Fitorbit is a popular online training source.
- Fitness Video Programs- Many fitness videos are fantastic ways to help you learn while doing. P90x is one of the most successful and famous video programs that is out there. There are also many variations of fitness level videos that you can find at your local bookstore or public library that can help get you going. The key with video programs is doing the videos. If you have the discipline to do a home workout a video could be right for you.
- Home Fitness Products- While you may not be able to open a home gym you can certainly get some products that can help with your fitness routine. The most important thing when buying a fitness product is Buyer Beware. Make sure you research the product before buying it. If it is on an infomercial at 4:00 a.m.it may need a little research before purchase. Ask a fitness professional or research the product for reviews before investing in a new clothes hanger. The TRXtraining program is a great new alternative to going to the gym.