Bonomo, Skotz Lead UMass-Lowell to Second Place Finish at NE-10 Meet
Post Season honors and regular season finales highlight the College Notebook this week.
- The UMass Lowell women's cross country team finished second overall and second at the NE-10 championships this past weekend. Senior Sarah Bonomo (Tewksbury, MA) placed ninth with a time of 19:00 and sophomore Nicole Skotz (Tewksbury, MA) placed 12th with a time of 19:11. Both athletes were also named to the second and third All NE-10 conference teams respectively.
- UMass Lowell field hockey star Sammy Macy (Tewksbury, MA) has been selected to NFHCA Division II North/South Senior All-Star Squad. Macy recorded a hat trick in the final game of the regular season, a 10-0 win over St. Answelm, breaking the program record for points in a single season, finishing tonight's game with 68 points (27g, 14a) on the year. The record was previously set by Macy herself, during her sophomore campaign in 2008, with 64 points (28g, 8a).
- UMass Lowell senior outside hitter Vicky Wong (Tewksbury, MA) had eight digs as the Riverhawks dropped their first round match to Pace on Tuesday 3-0 in the opening round of NE-10 play. The loss ends the Riverhawks season as they finish with an overall record of 15-12.
- Tewksbury resident and St. John's Prep graduate Scott Darby (Tewksbury, MA) host Lehigh this Saturday. The Hoyas are trying to break a five game losing streak witha a series of close losses.
- Sophomore linebacker Matt Bailey had a tackle as the Plymouth State football team lost their final regular season game of the season 24-21 to Curry in overtime Saturday.
- Captain Mike Tambone and the New England College men's soccer team narrowly missed the TCCC tournament with a 2-0 loss to Endicott in late season play.