The Upscale Consignment shop will hold its “Intake of Items” Day next Monday, August 6th, from 3:00 to 7:00 PM. This will be the last intake day that summer clothing will be accepted.
Next Tuesday, August 7th, the Tewksbury Police Department will hold its annual “Night Out Against Crime” event at the Senior Center, 175 Chandler Street. This event will be held from 6:00 to 9:00 PM with a movie showing at 7:15 PM. The event is for the whole family and is free. Why not stop by for this informative and fun evening. There will be information on crime prevention, community services, crafts for children and lots more.
The Senior Center Men's group will meed next Thursday, August 9th from 9:00 to 11:00 AM and again on August 23rd. This has been a very successful group. Men 60 and over are encouraged to “come on down” and join in the discussions. Topics are retirement, current events, the good old days and more.
Those Seniors traveling on the Foxwood day trip of August 9th are reminded that the bus leaves the Senior Center at 7:00 AM sharp. Please be sure to park around the perimeter of the parking lot. Your cooperation in doing so is very much appreciated. Tickets for the September 5th Foxwood trip will go on sale Monday, August 13th at 8:15 AM.
DJ Jon Mansfield will be back to the Senior Center for an afternoon of dance on Monday, August 13th. Tickets are now available. Those purchasing tickets by August 8th will have lunch included in the ticket price.
The Friends of the Elderly will hold a Lobster Bake at the Senior Center on Thursday, August 16th at 5:30 PM. Tickets are $30 and limited to 120 people so don't wait too long to purchase a ticket.
The menu will be chowder, steamers, lobster or chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, watermelon, beverages and dessert a bit later. There will also be some entertainment after the meal. Tickets are now available.
The monthly MS Support Group meets every third Monday of the month at the Senior Center at 10:00 AM. The next scheduled meeting will be held on August 20th. There has been a great response to this informative group. A special note of thanks is extended to Lena P for initiating the group. Great job, Lena.
Dr. Smith will be at the Senior Center on Thursday, August 23rdto conduct a Podiatry Clinic. Registrations are now being accepted. The cost is $15 per person and limited to the first 30 Tewksbury Senior Citizens that sign up. Appointment times are assigned upon sign-up.
The following trips and events are taking place in August and September; and, tickets are now available: (Please note that all trips are contingent on enough people signing-up.)
- August 9th – Foxwood day trip. This trip is full with waiting list status only.
- Wednesday, August 15th – Boston Duck Tour and the Prudential Building $59. This trip includes the famous Boston Duck Tour, a voucher for lunch at the Prudential Food Court, admission to the Prudential Skywalk Observation and a group photo.
- Wednesday, August 22nd – Hampton Beach & Continental's Concert $14 – Departs at 3:00 PM from the Senior Center – Dinner on one's own – Departure from Hampton at approximately 9:45 PM with arrival in Tewksbury around 10:45 PM.
- Tuesday, August 28th – Fast Ferry to Provincetown (upon request) $85. Departure time is early at 7:00 AM. Travel the Fast Ferry and arrive in P-Town at 10:00 AM for a day on your own with a five hour stay. Departure for home from P-Town is promptly at 3:00 PM.
- Monday, September 10th - The 15th Annual Mary Ann Wareham Golf Connection Tournament at the Indian Ridge Country Club - Single fee is $130 – Foursome Fee $500. Event includes: Continental Breakfast, 18 holes of golf with cart, plated luncheon and prizes. Tee time is 7 AM. Registrations now being taken at the Senior Center or by calling Linda at 978-851-4243. Sponsorships are welcome. This event will benefit the building fund and the construction of a woodworking shop.
- Saturday, September 22nd – The 3 Swingin' Tenors direct from Las Vegas & a family style Turkey Dinner – Tickets are now available at $40 per person. Dinner served at 6:00 PM – Show at 7:40 PM
- September will also bring back our art classes and evening dances. Information about these programs will be available soon.
- Sunday, October 21st – The fantastic Edwards Twins Celebrity Impersonator Show new and back by popular demand. Tickets are now on sale at $55 per person and include a buffet luncheon.
The Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society will bring Low cost spay/neuter services to Tewksbury in August. Its “Catmobile” will be stationed at the Senior Center Parking lot on Thursday, August 16th. The program offers services to cats only. The package consists of spay/neuter, rabies vaccinations, exam, nail trim, treatment for fleas and ear mites. A spay package cost $100 and a neuter package $75. Through August, a special rate of $50 for kittens 4 months of age and younger is available. The package is available to anyone and there is no qualification process. However, RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED and can be made online at www.catmobile.org or by calling 978-465-1940.
Have a great week. God Bless America.