Lake Street Home Sustains Heavy Damage From 2-Alarm Fire
Blaze began with a candle left unattended.
An unattended candle is the cause of a two-alarm fire that caused heavy damage to a single-family home at 69 Lake St. Monday afternoon.
According to Tewksbury Fire Capt. James Bruce, the call came in around 4:30 p.m. Neighbors reported seeing heavy smoke pouring our from the basement of the home and a resident of the address called on his cell phone to report the fire and said that everyone was safely out of the building.
According to Bruce, the caller also stated that he had lit a candle in the basement and then left the house.
The fire was knocked down quickly, but not before damage was done to the basement and a corner bedroom on the first floor. There was also damage done to the attic, as the fire climbed through the wall of the house.
No injuries were reported.
According to Tewksbury and Middlesex Registry of Deeds records, the home is owned by Joseph and Stephanie Fitzgerald.