Suspect in Home Break-In Has Four Legs
The following was provided by the Tewksbury Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Tewksbury Police Department log:
Monday, March 12
- At 1:13 p.m., police arrested Michael D. Gallagher, 42, 121 Montclair Ave., Waltham, and charged him with receiving stolen property over $250, larceny over $250 and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon at Wal-Mart.
- One police officer was taken to Saints Medical Center with minor injuries after a scuffle with a suspect at Wal-Mart. At 4:41 p.m., a loss prevention officer at Wal-Mart flagged down police. A taser was used to subdue the suspect, police said. Tewksbury Police called Westford Police's K-9 unit to search the suspect's vehicle. Spencer Collins Leone, 20, 502 Roger St., Tewksbury, was arrested and charged with disturbing the peace, assault and battery on a police officer, possession of class B drugs with intent to distribute, possession of class C drugs with intent to distribute and possession of marijuana less than one ounce.
Tuesday, March 13
- At 2:02 p.m. a detail officer was struck by a car on Andover Street. One juvenile was arrested. The officer was not injured.
- At 6:28 p.m. a female told police her 11-year-old brother was having a temper tantrum because she wouldn't buy him a video game in Wal-Mart.
- At 7:54 p.m. police arrested Gloria J. Cimmino, 56, 128 South St., Tewksbury, and charged her with shoplifting over $100 by asportation at Wal-Mart.
Wednesday, March 14
- At 1:19 a.m., police responded to a report of a fire in a backyard on Sycamore Drive. When police arrived, the home owner told them an outside storage tent was struck by lightning and the contents went up in flames. The resident extinguished the fire before the Fire Department arrived.
- Police were called to the McDonald's on Andover Street at 1:43 a.m., after an employee told police they saw a car parked at the drive-thru window and the driver possibly using narcotics. Police arrested Marissa Nicole Smith, 21, 2 Alyea Ct., Durham, N.H., and charged her with driving while under the influence of drugs, possession of class B drugs, possession of marijuana less than one ounce.
- At 7:04 a.m., police arrested Shaun M. Halloran, 32, 58 Highland Place, South Weymouth, and charged him with assault and battery, threat to commit a crime and attempted murder, after a family member filed a complaint in the police station.
- At 8:38 a.m., a resident of Shawsheen Street reported her home had been broken into overnight. Police found a raccoon was actually the suspect. Police said the raccoon entered and did a "large amount of damage to the home."
- At 12:28 p.m., a home break-in was reported on Devonshire Road.
- At 1:54 p.m., police arrested Antone Gil, 50, 42 7th Ave., Lowell, and charged him with driving with a revoked license (subsequent offense) and driving with an open container of alcohol.
- At 9:40 p.m., a man told police he had been at the Dunkin Donuts on Shawsheen Street when an employee threw a pot of coffee at him. The man told police the female employee thought he called her a name. She demanded he leave the store. The man just wanted the incident in the log.
- At 9:48 p.m., a resident of Pinnacle Street reported a man looking in the windows of a home. It turns out the man lived at the home and was walking his dog.
Thursday, March 15
- At 5:05 a.m., Wilmington Police notified Tewksbury Police that a husband had called them to say his wife was being followed in her vehicle and they were headed into Tewksbury. Wilmington Police handled the situation.
For questions about the police log, email firstname.lastname@example.org