Tewksbury Patch Election Guide 2012
The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting Tewksbury and the Merrimack Valley.
As we look ahead to November’s elections, Tewksbury Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- State Legislature, 19th Middlesex District -- Rep. Jim Miceli (D) vs. Doug Sears (R)
- State Legislature, 18th Essex District -- Rep. James Lyons (R) vs. Barbara L'Italien (D).
- State Senate, 2nd Middlesex/Essex District -- Sen. Barry Finegold (D) vs. Rep. Paul Adams (R).
- US Congress, District 6 -- Rep. John Tierney (D) vs. Richard Tisei (R) vs Daniel Fishman (L).
- US Senate -- Sen. Scott Brown (R) vs. Elizabeth Warren (D)
- US President -- President Barrack Obama (D) vs. Mitt Romney (R) vs. Gary Johnson (L).
Ballot Question 1: An Act to Protect Motor Vehicle Owners and Small Businesses in Repairing Motor Vehicles: This initiative would require all car manufacturers to provide – on an equitable fair-market value subscription basis – all diagnostic and repair information for model years beginning in 2015 to owners or an owner’s designated in-state independent repair facility (not affiliated with a manufacturer or its authorized dealers). The law would also make available for purchase information for model years 2002 through 2014.
Ballot Question 2: An Act Relative to Death with Dignity: This initiative would allow physicians to prescribe medication to terminally ill patients that would end their lives. The act would require that patients are mentally capable of making this decision and orally communicating it to a doctor on two occasions 15 days apart. Participation by a doctor or health care facility would be voluntary.
Ballot Question 3: A Law for the Humanitarian Medical Use of Marijuana: This intiative seeks to legalize the use and cultivation of marijuana as a medical drug. It calls for no penalities for "qualifying patients, physicians and health care professionals, personal caregivers for patients, or medical marijuana treatment center agents for the medical use of marijuana."