Tewksbury Storm Center: New Snowfall Estimates
We'll be updating this article with news on this latest winter storm and it's impact on Tewksbury, including cancellations and emergency info.
(Editor's note: We will be continuing to update this article with additional information about the blizzard and it's impact on Tewksbury.)
See a tree down in your neighborhood? Notice a road blocked off? Just saw a store clerk upload a pallet of fresh batteries? Please use this story on Tewksbury Patch to help out your neighbors as we brave the storm together.
As we ride out yet another winter storm, we want to make sure that Tewksbury stays connected. For live updates during the storm, be sure to download our App for your smartphone or tablet and 'like' Tewksbury Patch on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
As you send us messages through social media and email (firstname.lastname@example.org), we’ll make sure the information is added here to this story in the comments and on the map found above. If you notice wires down or a tree across the road, please alert authorities and then let us know so we can spread the word quickly. You can comment right on this story to make sure readers know what’s going on in your neighborhood.
You can share info about where to find items like bottled water or batteries or where power has gone out.
Tewksbury Patch is all about connecting neighbors and helping neighbors so we hope you’ll find this information hub helpful as we brave the storm together. Stay safe Tewksbury!
Closings and Cancellations for Friday, March 8
- Tewksbury Public Schools are closed
- Tewksbury Public Library is closed
- The prayer meeting at Lowell Assembly of God has been cancelled.
Tewksbury Public Safety Contact Phone Numbers:
Fire Department: 978-640-4410
Police Department: 978-851-7373
Department of Public Works: 978-640-4440 -- For any emergencies after 4:30 PM, please call the Police Department at 978-851-7373. This procedure is for emergencies only.
- Outage reporting hotline – Massachusetts and Rhode Island customers can call 1-800-465-1212 to report an outage.
- Text messages – Customers can receive text message alerts and updates through a free service the company offers. Text the word STORM to NGRID (64743) to sign up for the service.
- National Grid uses social media – Facebook and Twitter – to communicate with customers about service issues and interruptions during storms.
- E-mail alerts are also available to customers who create an online profile on the company’s website. All alert services can be started and stopped at the customer’s request.
- Customers can use their mobile devices to track outage information and storm related safety tips through National Grid’s new mobile site that can be accessed at nationalgrid.com.
Friday, March 8, 11:30 a.m.
- Snowfall estimates are actually getting a little worse. According to WCVB Ch. 15, Tewksbury is in a region that could get up to 15 inches total. There are other sections of the state that could get up to 20 inches.
- Upload your storm photos and video clips directly to this article.
Friday, March 8, 10:30 a.m.
- We just received word that the Tewksbury Public Library is closed today.
- This snow may turned to rain after 2 p.m.. If that happens flooding becomes a real possibility.
Friday, March 8, 10 a.m.
- All town offices will remain open, as schduled through the rest of the day.
- Road conditions are being reported as poor to dangerous all over the area. Use extreme caution.
Friday, March 8, 9:25 a.m.
- Wow! Exactly one month after the Blizzard of '13 shut down the Merrimack Valley, we are getting walloped again. What had been a 3-6 inch forecast has grown into predictions of as much as 15 inches for the Merrimack Valley.
- Tewksbury Schools are closed for the Day.
Important Additional Safety Information:
- 6 Tips For Driving Safely Near Plows in the Winter
- Tips For Driving In The Snow And Ice
- 9 Tips to Keep Your Pets Safe in the Winter
- Share Your Photos: How Much Snow Do You Have?