Two-Alarm Fire Damages Starr Avenue Home
Blazed blamed on workers de-icing roof.
The foul weather that has plagued the region this winter is at least partially to blame for a two-alarm fire that caused damage to a single-family home at 30 Starr Ave.
According to Tewksbury Fire Capt. Mike Callahan, the fire began around 10:42 a.m., when workers hired by the homeowners to de-ice the roof and gutters, accidentally ignited insulation in the walls with a propane torch.
According to town records, the home is owned by Christopher and Jennifer Conroy.
Callahan said the primary damage done by the fire was inside the walls of the second floor, though firefighters had to cut through the walls to access and extinguish the flames.
Callahan said units from all three stations responded to the scene and saw smoke pouring from the attic. He said the fire was knocked down quickly and firefighters were able to leave in less than an hour. No injuries were reported.