Invite a friend
Dinner & A Movie: Trouble with the Curve
Enjoy dinner and a movie on Friday nights at the Tewksbury Public Library! This week's movie is Trouble with the Curve (PG-13).
Synopsis: Gus Lobel (Clint Eastwood) has been one of the best scouts in baseball for decades, but, despite his efforts to hide it, age is starting to catch up with him. Nevertheless, Gus—who can tell a pitch just by the crack of the bat—refuses to be benched for what could be the final innings of his career. He may not have a choice. The front office of the Atlanta Braves is starting to question his judgment, especially with the country's hottest batting phenom on deck for the draft. The one person who might be able to help is also the one person Gus would never ask: his daughter, Mickey (Amy Adams), an associate at a high-powered Atlanta law firm whose drive and ambition has put her on the fast track to becoming partner. Mickey has never been close to her father, who was ill-equipped to be a single parent after the death of his wife. Even now, in the rare moments they share, he is too easily distracted by what Mickey assumes is his first love: the game. Against her better judgment, and over Gus's objections, Mickey joins him on his latest scouting trip to North Carolina, jeopardizing her own career to save his. Forced to spend time together for the first time in years, each makes new discoveries—revealing long-held truths about their past and present that could change their future.
Co-Sponsored by the Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library and the Tewksbury Lions Club. Attendees must enter and exit the building through the Meeting Room doors. Event is intended for aduls. Well-behaved teens welcome too!
More About Tewksbury Public Library
The Tewksbury Public Library is an educational and cultural centerpiece of the community. The library is home to an impressive selection of print and multimedia material and offers numerous educational and cultural events for adults, teens and children throughout the year. The building also serves as a meeting place for several community organizations. Diane Giarrusso, Library Director, works with the Library staff members, Trustees and Friends of the Library to provide the best services and collections possible.
Other events here
- Basic Internet Class Tomorrow, May 23, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Friday Night Flicks: Jack Reacher (Dinner & A Movie) Fri, May 24, 8:00 pm–10:30 pm
- Downton Abbey Comes To Tewksbury Sat, May 25, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Explore Boston's Public Sculptures Tue, May 28, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Friendly Little Bookshop at the Library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Book Discussion: Buddha In The Attic Wed, May 29, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Device Advice: 1-on-1 Help With Your eReader May 16, 2013 / May 30, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Friday Morning Matinees: Side Effects Fri, May 31, 10:30 am–12:30 pm