Invite a friend
Sharks of New England
About The Program: Forget what you learned from "Jaws." When it comes to New England's population, Tom King is a wealth of information. King, a shark expert, will present an illustrated program describing shark species found in New England waters. The talk will include information on what time of year sharks can be found in certain areas, as well as many photos of sharks. A question-and-answer period will conclude the presentation. This program is suitable for adults, teens, and children (8 and up) accompanied by an adult.
About The Presenter: Tom King, a native New Englander, became interested in sharks about 20 years ago after taking up fishing for sport. Unable to find reliable information on local shark species, he began meeting with marine biologists and making his own observations of sharks in their natural habitats. King created a website - newenglandsharks.com - which has become an incredibly helpful tool for New Englanders looking for information on shark identification, natural history and sports angling.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library.
More About Tewksbury Public Library
The Tewksbury Public Library is an educational and cultural centerpiece of the community. The library is home to an impressive selection of print and multimedia material and offers numerous educational and cultural events for adults, teens and children throughout the year. The building also serves as a meeting place for several community organizations. Diane Giarrusso, Library Director, works with the Library staff members, Trustees and Friends of the Library to provide the best services and collections possible.
Other events here
- Healthy Eating For Seniros Tomorrow, May 20, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Remembering Paul Sullivan Tue, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Job Hunt Help: Helping Others By Helping Yourself Wed, May 22, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Friendly Little Bookshop at the Library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Basic Internet Class Thu, May 23, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Friday Night Flicks: Jack Reacher (Dinner & A Movie) Fri, May 24, 8:00 pm–10:30 pm
- Downton Abbey Comes To Tewksbury Sat, May 25, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Explore Boston's Public Sculptures Tue, May 28, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Book Discussion: Buddha In The Attic Wed, May 29, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Device Advice: 1-on-1 Help With Your eReader May 16, 2013 / May 30, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm