Invite a friend
Star Gazing Party
About The Program: Come join members of the North Shore Amateur Astronomy Club for an exciting slide presentation, lecture and observation session to learn the basics of astronomy. This event is for adults, teens and children (ages 8 & up).
About The Club: The North Shore Amateur Astronomy Club (NSAAC) was established in March of 1989 as an association of amateur astronomers who meet and observe from a local site on the North Shore of Massachusetts. Their members come from diverse backgrounds with interests in astronomy ranging from casual to serious. Yet each shares in the beauty of the night sky and the belief that becoming familiar with it should be fun and relaxing. Two of the goals of the NSAAC are to promote a wider appreciation of astronomy and to help people choose the most appropriate telescope or binocular for their interest & budget.
Part of this program will be held outdoors, so dress accordingly! Please register so NSAAC will bring enough telescopes!
More About Tewksbury Public Library
The Tewksbury Public Library is an educational and cultural centerpiece of the community. The library is home to an impressive selection of print and multimedia material and offers numerous educational and cultural events for adults, teens and children throughout the year. The building also serves as a meeting place for several community organizations. Diane Giarrusso, Library Director, works with the Library staff members, Trustees and Friends of the Library to provide the best services and collections possible.
Other events here
- Friday Night Flicks: Jack Reacher (Dinner & A Movie) Today, May 24, 8:00 pm–10:30 pm
- Downton Abbey Comes To Tewksbury Tomorrow, May 25, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Explore Boston's Public Sculptures Tue, May 28, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Friendly Little Bookshop at the Library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Book Discussion: Buddha In The Attic Wed, May 29, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Device Advice: 1-on-1 Help With Your eReader May 16, 2013 / May 30, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Friday Morning Matinees: Side Effects Fri, May 31, 10:30 am–12:30 pm