1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, there is a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Tuesday with a high near 76. Expect a southwest wind from 5 to 8 mph and patchy fog before 10 a.m.
- Tuesday night there is a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms with a low of 58. Expect a south wind around 6 mph becoming west after midnight
- Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Expect a northwest wind from 9 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday night will be clear, with a low around 52. Expect a northwest wind from 3 to 6 mph.
- Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 77.
- Thursday will be mostly clear, with a low around 54.
3. Today in Public Meetings: Board of Selectmen will meet at 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall. John Ziamba, ombudsman for the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, will deliver a presentation to Selectmen. Stick with Tewksbury Patch for full coverage of this meeting. You can view the agenda here.
An informational meeting sponsored by the group No Slots Tewksbury will be held at the Tewksbury Country Club on Tuesday, Aug. 13 at 7 p.m. Speakers will include former State Sen. Sue Tucker, State Rep. Jim Miceli, psychologist Tom Larkin and more.
4. It's Happening Today: Check out Fright Night at the Tewksbury Public Library at 8 p.m. this week and listen to Edgar Allen Poe read from his most famous horror masterpieces. The presenter will be Rob Velella, an independent literary historian and playwright specializing in American literature of the 19th century. Register here.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, Tewksbury Patch recently caught up with Russ Caswell, owner of Motel Caswell about his recent decision to put the property up for sale.