1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, Thursday will be cloudy through mid morning, then gradually clearing, with a high near 71. There is a 30 percent chance of showers.
- Thursday night will be clear, with a low around 43. Expect a northwest wind from 5 to 9 mph becoming light after midnight.
- Friday will be sunny, with a high near 68. Expect a light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Friday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 44. Expect a light south wind.
- Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
- Saturday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.
3. It's Happening Today: Stop by the Tewksbury Public Library from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday a 30-minute, one-on-one session with a library staff member to learn how to download free eBooks to your eReader. Book your 30 minute session here.
4. Coming Up: The Tewksbury Family Picnic and Field Day will be held this Sunday, Sept. 8 from 12 p.m to 4 p.m. at the Livingston Street Fields. A donation to the Tewksbury Food Pantry will earn attendees a few throws at the dunk tank. Find out who will be getting dunked.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, West Nile Virus was confirmed in mosquitos in the area of Pennacook Road in Tewksbury on Wednesday, and spraying in the ares is planned for Thursday, Sept. 5. Read more here.