1. Your Weekend Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, there is an 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday with a high of 79 expected. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Expect a south wind from 6 to 13 mph.
- There is a 50 percent chance of showers Friday night with a low of 66 expected. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Expect a calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the evening.
- Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85. Expect a west wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Saturday night will be clear, with a low around 55. Expect a northwest wind from 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday will be Sunny, with a high near 79.
- Sunday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 55.
3. It's Happening Today: Friday Night Flicks at the library, this week featuring "Oblivion," kicks off at 8 p.m. at the Tewksbury Public Library. A free meal will also be provided. You can register here.
4. ICYMI: In case you missed it, State Senator Barry Finegold and staff will hold open office hours on Friday, Aug. 23 at the Tewksbury Public Library from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
5. From the State House: Advocacy group Raise Up Massachusetts said in a statement Wednesday they have submitted two ballot questions concerning a raise in the minimum wage and access to earned sick time for state workers.