1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, there is a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday with a high of 82 expected. There will be a calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- There is a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday night with a low of 60 expected. Expect a light east wind.
- Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. There is a 20 percent chance of rain. Expect patchy fog before 9 a.m.
- Thursday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. There is a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Expect patchy fog before 7 a.m.
- Friday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 63.
3. Back to School: Today is the first day back at school for Tewksbury students, and we want to share your back to school photos on Patch! We've set up an open blog to post photos and stories from the first day of school.
4. It's Happening Today: The Friendly Little Bookstore at the Tewksbury Public Library will be open Wednesday from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Pick up some books at bargain prices while supporting Friends of the Tewksbury Library programs.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, a portion of East Street will be closed Wednesday for paving work. Find out where the work will be taking place and what detour to take.