The following information is provided by the Tewksbury Council on Aging:
Our Senior Citizen Artisans and Art Instructors will hold their 21st "Showcase of Creativity" art show at the Senior Center this Friday, Sept. 27 from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. They would love to have you join them. The public is Welcomed and refreshments will be served.
A Special Town Meeting will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 1 beginning at 7 p.m. at the High School.
The Seniors will hold a Giant Yard Sale at the Senior Center, 175 Chandler Street, on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The cost of a table space is $15 or $25 for two tables. The event also features luncheon specials and a yummy bake sale table. For more information one may call 978-640-4482. Admission is free.
The Upscale Consignment Boutique will be holding its "Intake of Items Day" on Monday, Oct. 7. from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
This is a good time to check out the new items coming in. On intake day the
boutique is open until 6 p.m.
RN, Karen Orband, will be at the Senior Center on Tuesday, Oct. 8 for the Diabetes Academy meeting at 10 a.m. New attendees are always welcome. Ms. Orband is a great resource for those who may have questions about Diabetes. The public is welcome.
Tickets are now on sale for the following day trips taking place in October:
- Oct. 7 – Foxwood $25 – includes motorcoach transportation, casino package and driver gratuity.
- Oct. 10 – Aquasino Cruise – unfortunately this trip is now CANCELED due to the lack of interest.
- Oct. 17 – Salem Cross Inn/Quabbin Reservoir $52 (lunch & guided bus tour of Quabbin included) It is asked that sign-ups be done ASAP so we can secure our reservations.
The Catmobile clinic will be at the Senior Center parking lot on Friday, Oct. 11.
Spay and neuter packages are available for one's cat/s. One must make a reservation by calling 978-465-1949 or logging on line at www.catmobile.org.
In the evening on Friday, October 11 the Silvertones Band will hold its monthly dance. Tickets will be available at the door at $10. Why not come on down for an enjoyable evening of dancing or just plain listening to the sounds of a 17 piece band.
The Piecemakers Quilting Club will hold its Annual Quilt Show at the Senior Center on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 19 and Oct. 20. The hours of the show are 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Admission is $6 and luncheon specials are available for purchase.
One may want to mark his/her calendar for the following events - Tickets will be available soon:
- The Friends Halloween Dance of Friday Oct. 25 with music by the Fred Manzi Band - $10
- The Edwards Twins Matinee Show of Sunday, Nov. 3 - $35
- The Blues Brothers Show of Friday, December 13 - $10 (This show will be funded, in part, by the Tewksbury Local Arts Council and the Massachusetts Arts Council)
- The Friends New Year's Eve Dinner/Dance of Tuesday, December 31- $50
A Cribbage Tournament will be held at the Senior Center on Saturday, Oct. 26. The registration fee is $20 per person. One may register prior to the tournament or upon arrival at noon on the day of the tournament.
Then on Sunday, Oct. 27 the Seniors will hold a Breakfast Benefit and Mini Fair at the Senior Center. The Breakfast will be held from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.; and, the Mini Fair will be open from 7 a.m. to noon. Table space is available to the public for the Fair.
DJ Jon Mansfield will be back for an afternoon dance on Monday, October 28. Those purchasing tickets by October 23 will have lunch included.
Medigap Presentation from the following companies will take place on the dates noted:
- Friday, Nov. 1 at 10 a.m. – Tufts Health Medical Preferred by Gerald Lodge
- Friday, November 8 at 2 p.m. – Fallon Health Care by Heather Bousquet
- Friday, Nov. 22 at 10 a.m. – BC/BS by Heather Hurd
A pleasant week is wished to all. God Bless America