Those Senior Citizens who are MEMA Volunteers are reminded that there will be a MEMA annual training at the Senior Center this Friday, October 12th at 9:30 AM in the conference room. We ask that you please confirm, with Jan or Linda, that you will be in attendance.
During Tewksbury's Drug Awareness Week, the week of October 14th, the Board of Health will host prescription drug abuse discussions for senior citizens at the Center's various events. The goal is to reach out and educate the senior population and help prevent additional problems from happening to their loved ones. The discussions will include safely disposing of unwanted and unused medications. These discussions are among the various programs being presented to residents of all ages from school children and their parents to the general population.
The “Drug Awareness Week” will end with a candle light vigil hosted by the Northeast Behavioral Health Program to remember all those that have lost their fight to drug addition. This event will be held at the Tewksbury Hospital Chapel grounds at 6:30 on Friday, October 19th. The public is welcomed to join in this vigil.
The monthly MS Support Group will meet this coming Monday, October 15th. All are welcome.
In the afternoon on Monday, October 15th, a Senior Center “Cootie Party” will take place. The activity will begin at 12:45 PM. Don't know how to play? Come on down and learn...it's a lot of laughs. All are welcome.
Our Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley SHINE Counselor is at the Senior Center every other Monday to advise people on supplemental health insurance. One may call 978-640-4480 to set up an appointment date and time.
A trip to the Old Country Buffet and the Bonworth store in Waltham will be held next Wednesday, October 17th. The trip cost is $15 with lunch on your own. Departure time is 10:30 AM.
The following events will take place in October:
- Saturday and Sunday, October 13th and 14th – The Piecemakers Quilt Show being held from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM;
- Thursday, October 18th – Catmobile in Senior Center Parking Lot – for more information on scheduling an appointment one may call the Merrimack River Feline Society at 978-465-1940 or e-mail the Catmobile@mrfrs.org. The web site is www.catmobile.org
- Friday October 19th - the Silvertones Dance - $10 – 7 to 10 PM
- Sunday, October 21st – the Edwards Twins Lunch Buffet and Matinee Show 12:00 Noon
- Wednesday, October 24th – the Red Hat Halloween Party with soup, sandwich & show - $15
- Thursday, October 25th – Presentation by Kimberly Champagne, RN, on the effects of smoking at 10:30 in Hall A – Refreshments & give a ways
- Friday, October 26th – the Friends Halloween Dance & Costume Contest with music by Boots & Company - $10
- Saturday, October 27th – a Podiatry Clinic by Dr. Smith at $15 per person with registration required prior to the clinic day
- Saturday, October 27th – a Cribbage Tournament which begins at noon - $20 per person
- Monday, October 29th – a DJ Jon Mansfield afternoon dance with lunch at 11:30. $6
- Friday, November 2nd – Lee Lewis and his all star review show and dance – Tickets are now available at $15 per person.
- Saturday, November 10th – Senior Center Harvest Fair – Tables reservations are now being accepted. The price per tables is $35 or $50 for two tables.
A pleasant week is wished to all. God Bless America.