What part of your commute makes you want to scream?
On Tuesday, Patch provided a map showing the average of how long it takes residents to commute to work. And on the Tewksbury Patch Facebook and Twitter pages, we asked Tewksbury residents how long their commute is, and which part is the worst part of their drive.
"Intersection of East and North. When a soccer game gets out or it's quitting time at Raytheon it's a mess. Not to mention the trucks to and from Market Basket," said Nick Leone.
Several other residents weighed in as well. Here is a round up of what they said about the worst part of their commute.
- Michelle Picher: "Shawsheen at 5-6 on the Billerica side at Main St. intersection and Main St. intersection on the Wilmington side at rush hourr...both sides actually and Route 38 on Sat and Sun."
- Val Down Appiani: "I refuse to drive on 38 on Saturday afternoons."
- Justin Gulinello: "All of 38."
- Laura Collelo: "38/shawsheen between 4:30-5:45 is a nightmare. I have to leave twenty minutes early just to get my son to football on time."
- Courtney Koval: "Tewksbury center in the afternoon is horrible and also the intersection of Shawsheen St. and 38 after 4:30 is impossible."
- Angela Massone Peters: "Andover St, North Tewksbury. Very difficult to pull out of side streets. Vehicles speeding on Andover. Sometimes takes 5 minutes or more for a safe opening in traffic."