The entry deadline for the Tewksbury Patch Video Battle of the Bands has been extended.
Musicians will now have until 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 19 to submit their entries.
The Tewksburty Patch Video Battle of the Bands is the chance of a lifetime for local musicians. This is a chance for you and your bandmates to show off your abilities as musicians and earn some terrific prizes.
The winning band will receive a $400 gift certificate to , Rock Star Makeovers from and recording studio time from The Space in Lowell. In addition, the winners will be booked for live gig at .
The rules of the competition are simple:
- Send a video of your band performing an ORIGINAL song to email@example.com -- the best way to submit your entry is using a file sharing program, such as yousendit or filemail.com
- The video can be no more than three minutes in length. Videos longer than three minutes will be disqualified.
- Your entry must be a NEW video recording. Previously recorded videos including, but not limited to, those that have already been published on a web site such as YouTube, will be disqualified. If you have recorded your song previously, your entry for this contest must be a new video recording of that song.
- All genres are welcome to compete. Blues, Country, Metal, Rock, Alternative, R&B, Rap, Hip-Hop, Pop ... bring it on!
- Your entry must include typed out lyrics to the song. Songs with inappropriate or vulgar lyrics will be disqualified. (And don't pretend you don't know what inappropriate lyrics are.)
- Your entry must include the names and addresses of all band members.
- Instrumentals are permitted.
- Solo acts are permitted.
- Bands/performers under contract with a record label/production company are NOT eligible.
- All entries must be received no later than 5 p.m., Thursday, May 19.
From the entries received, up to five finalists will be chosen by Tewksbury Patch staff based on overall quality of he performance and the video.
Tewksbury Patch readers will then be given the chance to watch the videos of the finalists and vote on which they think is best. Voting will begin on May 20 and conclude on May 30.
Email any questions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
C'mon Tewksbury! Time to show the world what kind of talent you've got!