Here are five pieces of information designed to get your week off to a rock-solid start and to help make you the smartest person in the coffee shop.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Light north wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 25. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 42. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 8 mph after midnight.
- Wednesday A chance of rain, mainly after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain. Low around 37. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day 1: "Ms. L'Italien, I just wanted to say that I will proudly vote for Jim Lyons as will many others. Don't go away mad. Just go away." Reader Dana, commenting on the blog post, "Barbara L'Italien's Statement on Jim Lyons' Record."
3. Reader Comment of the Day 2: "The real question is why Mr. Lyons can't defend his own record and needs his e-army to slam Mrs. L'Italien's character. To be fair, his record is hard to defend." Reader Bostonian19, commenting on the blog post, "Barbara L'Italien's Statement on Jim Lyons' Record."
4. Quote of the Day: "It’s not going to be a pretty couple weeks if we can’t execute and continue to get better. They’ve got to stay humble and they’ve got to stay focused on this next game, and that’s all I’m focused on." Tewksbury High football Coach Brian Aylward, after his team
5. It's Happening Today: Today is the final day to enter Patch's nationwide Halloween Costume Contest for a chance win $5,000. Click here to upload your photo and enter today!
And Don't Forget: Are you unemployed, underemployed or just looking for a new gig? We've got over 5,000 jobs within 25 miles of Tewksbury listed on the Tewksbury Patch Jobs Page. Click here to get started.