Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Election Day off to Red, White and Blue start and to help make you the smartest person in the voting booth.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the National Weather Service, Election Day will be sunny, with a high near 42. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph after midnight.
- Wednesday A slight chance of rain and snow before 10am, then rain likely. Increasing clouds, with a high near 46. Breezy, with a northeast wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain. Patchy fog after 1am. Low around 37. Breezy, with a north wind 21 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Thursday Rain. Patchy fog before 10am. High near 47. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain before 4am. Cloudy, with a low a
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "If given the choice i would not give up my freedom. It is not the hotel it is your freedom being taken away. it can happen to you." Reader Daniel C. Sullivan, commenting on the story, "Motel Caswell Trial Begins Today In Federal Court."
3. It's Happening Today: Today is Election Day 2012. Local, state and national races will be decided. Polls in Tewksbury will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Give yourself plenty of time to vote, as long lines are expected.
4. Overnight Parking Ban: The Winter Overnight Parking Ban is now in effect. For details for the ban, click here.
5. Help The Victims of Superstorm Sandy: Sending Sunshine 2012 is an Andover organization recently set up to help the families of Hurricane Sandy rebuild by collecting food, clothing, children's books, household items and cleaning supplies. Donation Headquarters is at Dundee Park - 1st building on right, 3 Railroad St., Andover. Domnations will be accepted From Tuesday Nov 6 - through Sunday Nov 11, 11am - 8pm daily. Go to www.facebook.com/sendingsunshine2012 for a list of donations requested by the Red Cross.