Here are five pieces of information designed to start your Friday with a smile on your face and song in your heart and to help make you the smartest person workin' for the weekend.
1. Your Local Weekend Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today we will have rain, mainly before 4pm. Patchy fog. High near 51. North wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. Tonight: A chance of rain, mainly before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind between 10 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. West wind between 6 and 8 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 26. West wind between 8 and 15 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind between 8 and 11 mph.
Sunday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly between 11pm and 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. Quote Of The Day: "When we're down and out, he steps up and takes care of business." _
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "I think a TV watching tax would be great. Perhaps a meter could be applied to every TV and the owner would be responsible for, say $1/minute, as a stupidity assessment. If less people watched TV and exercised instead, then we would have a much healthier population and insurance would be less. Maybe we should also assess a health premium to TV watchers as they are going to over burden our communistic insurance system." Reader Malcolm Nichols, _
4. It's Happening Today: The TMHS boys basketball teams are on the road tonight to take on Central Catholic The Freshmen play at 4 p.m., the JV game starts at 6 p.m. with the varsity to follow.
5. It's Happening, Feb. 12: The annual Father-Daughter Dance has been scheduled for Feb. 12 at the _. This is an absolutely fabulous event. _