Here are five pieces of information to help you get the first weekend of July off to a rousing start.
1. By the Numbers: 177 -- That's how many shopping days are left until Christmas. Hey, you can never be too prepared.
2. Your Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today we will have a chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 78. North wind between 3 and 6 mph. Tonight it will be partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Light and variable wind.
Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming south between 5 and 8 mph.
3. It's Happening Today: The King has returned to Tewksbury! Sort of. Elvis impersonator Dana Z will be on hand at the , starting at 7 p.m.
Also, the begins tonight at the Livingston Street Recreation Courts at 6 p.m.
4. This Date in History: July 1, 1979 -- The first Sony Walkman goes on sale.
July 1, 1863 -- The Battle of Gettysburg begins.
5. Travel Tips: Are you heading to the coast this weekend and want a "heads-up" on the events and goings on at your vacation destination? Check out our sister sites on the coast!