Here are five pieces of information to get your weekend started a bit early and to help make you the smartest person at the party.
1. Your 3-Day Weekend Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 80. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 4am. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 58. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A chance of showers, mainly before 7am. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 71. Northwest wind 7 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44. West wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 68.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Well, that answers the question as to why his family didn't bail him out." Reader Lori, commenting on the story,
3. It's Happening Tonight: The will travel to Haverhill High tonight looking for their first win of the year, as they take on the Hillies. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
4. It's Also Happening Tonight: The ATA Black Belt Academy will be offering a free . The event will begin at 5 p.m. at the , 361 Main St.
5. In Case You Missed It: Or ICYMI, as the political campaigns like to say. Tewksbury hosted a wonderful 9/11 Candlelight Vigil this week. If you didn't get a chance to attend,