Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your weekend off to an early start and to help make you the smartest tailgaiter in the parking lot.
1. Your Local 3-Day Weekend Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, we can expect patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind around 6 mph.
- Saturday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Light south wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Showers likely, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of showers, mainly before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. By The Numbers: 10.2 percent. That was the percentage of Tewksbury's 20,899 registered voters who took the time to participate in Thursday's State Primary.
3. It's Happening Tonight: The will take place tonight at the , 777 South Street. The event starts at 5 p.m.
4. It's Taking Place Saturday: There are two big events taking place on Saturday that you won't want to miss. From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., the public is invited to tour the brand new Tewksbury Memorial High School on Pleasant Street.
Also, the kick off their 2012 season at home against always-tough Lincoln-Sudbury. Game time is 2:30 p.m. at Doucette Field.
5. Reader Comment of the Day: "Calling the police on a ceramic statue. You've got to be kidding me. Even if it was a baby deer, what beyond referring you to animal control or similar are the police going to be able to do about it?" Reader Sarah, commenting on the story,