Here are five pieces of information designed to help you get the final week of summer off to a sizzling start and to help make you the smartest person in the coffee shop.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 86. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Monday Night A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1am. Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tuesday Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 9am and 5pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. Southwest wind 7 to 13 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 78.
- Wednesday Night Clear, with a low around 54.
2. It's Happening Today: Open Houses galore! Tewksbury's four elementary schools will all be holding open houses today. , and will all begin at 3 p.m. will start at 6 p.m.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "I am pretty sure the football team did get their passes early. They were gettin papers ready before they left for camp. They were talkin about their spaces." Reader Trish, commenting on the story,
4. Quote of the Day: "This is a huge commitment for the family, and it was a family decision." Tewksbury K-9 Police Officer Al Piccolo, talking about the decision to
5. Open For Business: On the off chance you might have missed the announcements, Tewksbury has two new eateries open for business. For those with a sweet tooth, On the other side of town, Tewksbury's newest Italian restaurant, Good luck to both restaurants!!