Here are 5 pieces of information designed to make your Monday feel a little bit less Monday-ish and to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast:
- Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 4pm. Patchy fog after 1pm. High near 41. South wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 7pm. Patchy fog before 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. West wind 9 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. West wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "We had a huge town plow today on our cul-de-sac. He did a fabulous job. It is much appreciated when they take care to not bury the end of our driveways after so much time is spent getting them open! We usually have smaller, subcontracted plows coming through who don't really care. Thank you!" Reader Linda, commenting on the story, "Town Manager Asks Public To Be Patient With Plowing."
3. It's Happening Today: Hankering for a Big Mac? Take advantage of Dewing Dine Out at McDonald's. Dine Out for the Dewing/North Street February 11, 12, or 13, and the Dewing and North Street PACs will receive 20% of your order toward arts and enrichment programming. Offer is valid at the Andover Street McDonald's- Route 133 Tewksbury across from the Hess Station. Both Dine-In and Take Out count! Even if you get a coffee at the drive through from 4-7pm, mention the fundraiser and they win!
4. It's Also Happening Today: It's time for another fabulous author to visit the Tewksbury Public Library. Meet New York Times Bestselling Author Michael Palmer as he discusses his new book -- Political Suicide, a page-turning thriller set at the crossroads of American politics, military, and medical science. Learn more about the book and authorhttp://www.michaelpalmerbooks.com/. Book signing after the talk. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Call 978-640-4490 x 205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
5. Welcome Back Bob!!: I'd like to take the chance to welcome back our Food Columnist Bob Leo. Many of you know Bob as the general manager of the Tewksbury Country Club. Each week, he will once again be sharing some wonderful recipes and culinary anecdotes. Check out his latest column and tasty recipe!