Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Columbus Day off to a tremendous start and to help make you the smartest person in the line at the drive-thru.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, with a high near 59. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Light east wind.
- Tuesday A slight chance of showers before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. East wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of showers before 4am. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday A chance of showers, mainly after noon. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "In Obamas entire career his first job in being the leader of a group of any kind was being POTUS. He is In over his head. It is time for him to go and for America to right the wrong mistake they made four years ago." Reader Tewksbury2001, commenting on the story,
3. By The Numbers: 17. While everyone knows that Christopher Columbus had three ships on his first expedition (with the intention of finding a westerly trade route to Asia), his second excursion to the "New World" featured a fleet of 17 ships. How much do you know about Christopher Columbus? Take the Tewksbury Patch Columbus Day Quiz! Click here to get started.
4. It's Happening Today: Krochmal Farm's Annual Pumpkin Fest. Come and plan to spend the day. Before deciding on your choice pumpkin, enjoy a Hayride through our scenic New England Farm and let the children feel the thrill of their first pony ride. Learn to be a kid again yourself while you loose your adult-self in a fantastic Corn Maze! Watch the amazement of all in our interactive animal exhibit. Parking is free and admission is free!
5. Quote of the Day: "I think that this is one that will go down as one of the all-time games.” talking about the Redmen's 51-42 loss to Andover High Saturday at Doucette Field.
And Don't Forget: Are you unemployed? Underemployed? Just want a new job? The Tewksbury Patch Jobs Page has more than 5,000 listings for jobs within 25 miles of Tewksbury. Click here to check them out!