Here are five pieces of information designed to start your Thursday on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 42. Calm wind.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Calm wind.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 27. West wind around 6 mph.
- Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "That's awful. Area is not well lit, much like many other areas of the town. Salem and South should be a 4 way stop sign. Worst intersection I have ever seen. Hope everything turns out well." Reader Timothy M., commenting on the story,
3. Quote of the Day: "This is another blow for Tewksbury history. Our most famous resident has lost his trophy home. There was nothing wrong with the house and to say that it needed to come down for three house lots is a tragedy." Dave Marcus, president of the Tewksbury Historical Society, commenting on the demolition of the Ames Castle.
4. It's Happening Today: It's Wiggle Time!!! This program at the Tewksbury Public Library starts at 10:15 a.m., the program is for 2 year olds. Children 18 to 23 months are also welcome, as our siblings of any age. Come learn what story times are all about. We read, sing, dance and more! Get those early literacy skills under your belt! No registration required.
5. By The Numbers: 100,000. That's how many dollars the Tewksbury Public Schools can win if a Tewksbury home is chosen as the winner of the 2012 Deck The Patch Contest. Not to mention $500 for your electric bill!! You still have a few days left to upload a photo or video of your home decked out for the holidays. Click here to enter.
And Don't Forget: Are you unemployed, under employed or just want a new job? Explore thousands of job openings in the Merrimack Valley by checking out the Tewksbury Patch Jobs Page. Click here.