Here are five pieces of information designed to start your Thursday on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person who really doesn't care if Bruins' goalie Tim Thomas went to the White House or not and whether he's a member of the Tea Party, the Green Party, the Birthday Party or the Cocktail Party, as long as he continues to be a brick wall between the pipes.
1. Your Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be a slight chance of showers after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 41. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Thursday Night: Rain and snow showers likely before 11pm, then rain showers and sleet between 11pm and midnight, then rain showers after midnight. Patchy fog after 1am. Low around 32. East wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I am so glad these idiots got caught." Reader Diane Healey, commenting on the story, ."
3. It's Happening Today: It's Wiggle Time at the _ This great program for young children starts at 10:30 a.m.
3A. It's Not Happening Today: Students in the Tewksbury Public Schools have the day off today. So if you see a group of teens _ around noon, don't worry, they aren't playing hooky.
4. By the Numbers: Superintendent of Schools Dr. John O'Connor is recommending an FY13 Budget of $35,636,347, an increase of 2.1 percent over FY12. However, Town Manager Richard Montuori is only allotting $34,888,344.
5. Quote of the Day: "We're using free cash differently than we have in about 10 years, by my recollection. We're in the early stages (of the budget process) and hopefully those numbers hold. In the past five or six years we haven't had many highlights." _
And don't forget: Editor Bill Gilman will be making his weekly appearance on WCAP, AM980 at 8:20 this morning. He'll be chatting with Teddy Panos about the latest headlines in Tewksbury.