Here are five pieces of information designed to move your Thursday along at a brisk pace and to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table.
1. Your Local 3-Day Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will see patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 68. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of rain after 3am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Light northeast wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday A chance of rain, mainly after 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 49. Northeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
2. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury High boys soccer team is in action today. The Redmen will play host to North Andover High at the Wynn School starting at 3:45 p.m.
3. Mind Your Business: Stop by TJ Callahan's tonight for the Business Networking Mixer. The event starts at 5:30 p.m. and is sponsored by the Boston North Business Association.
4. By The Numbers: $1,044,028,771. Yup, that's 10 places. In reading that number you want to start with the words "one billion." According to the State of Massachusetts, that is how much people working in Tewksbury earned in 2011. According to the State Department of Employment and Training, Tewksbury had 872 employers in 2011, employing a total of 14,492 people. The average gross salary of those employees working in Tewksbury was $1,344 per week.
5. Reader Comment of the Day: "When the Occupy Boston crowd gets riled up, Liz will become, in Tom's immortal words: 'The Alcatraz around my neck.'" Reader Doug Sears, commenting on the story, "Boston Mayor Menino Endorses Elizabeth Warren for U.S Senate."