Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your Tuesday off to a flying start and to help make you the smartest person in the cafeteria.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, with a high near 43. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow and sleet before 2am, then snow likely. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain and snow before noon, then rain between noon and 5pm, then rain and snow after 5pm. Patchy fog before 7am, then Patchy fog between noon and 5pm. High near 38. East wind 13 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 8pm. Patchy fog between 8pm and 11pm, then Patchy fog after 2am. Low around 33. Northeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Thursday Rain likely, mainly between 10am and 1pm. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain showers before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "The only voter fraud we have seen documented, so far, is Republicans, trying to fabricate instances of voter fraud. maybe we should require all republican to submit ID, since they are the only ones committing these crimes." Reader Jon, commenting on the story, "TELL US: Should Massachusetts Pass a Voter ID Bill?"
3. It's Happening Today: The Board of Selectmen is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. Click here for a peek at tonight's agenda.
4. It's Also Happening Today: The Tewksbury High boys hockey team starts its playoff run begins with a game tonight against Watertown. The puck drops at 5:30 p.m. at Stoneham Arena. The winner of that tilt faces off against either Newburyport or Concord-Carlisle in the quarterfinal round on Friday.
5. And Another Thing: Congratulations to Tewksbury High senior Corey Cataldo, who placed fifth in the 55-meter hurdles in a time of 7.83 seconds at the All-State Indoor Track Championships over the weekend.