Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Tuesday started with a smile and to help make you the smartest person on the bus.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Light northeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. North wind around 7 mph.
- Thanksgiving Day Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
2. It's Happening Today: The second Neighborhood Meeting With Town Department Heads is scheduled for tonight at 7 p.m. in the Community Room at the Tewksbury Public Library. This is great chance to ask any of the town department heads any questions you want, ranging from general policy questions to specific complaints and concerns. Every department had will be participating and each will present a brief overview of their department before the Q and A session.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "I also received this Code Red for regular trash pickup, but did not receive one last summer when someone robbed a person at the ATM at the savings bank and was running through the woods in my backyard. Nice." Reader Tom Deveau, commenting on the Blog Post, "Code Red Alert."
4. It's Also Happening Today: Test your knowledge at Stump! Trivia Night tonight at 8 p.m. at The Sky Box, 553 Main St, Tewksbury.
5. By The Numbers: 750 million pounds. According to the USDA and delish.com, that is the estimated amount of turkey consumed by Americans during Thanksgiving 2011. That figure is based on an estimated 47 million turkeys purchased at an average weight of 16 pounds. Drumstick anyone?