Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Tuesday off on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person already suffering from "Senioritis."
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, tody will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 58. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday A chance of showers, mainly after 11am. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 60. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I walked in one day because I have a Gecko from this place I got ages ago and needed crickets and before I got fully inside saw one of the shelves was empty and nearly freaked out thinking they were going out of business or something. Then I went in. I was totally floored when I realized they'd expanded. These guys area great example of a business in Tewksbury that is a great success!" Reader Sarah, commenting on the story, "Pets Plus Expands Its Operation In a Big Way."
3. Go Redmen!!!: The Tewksbury High girls soccer team is in action at home this afternoon against Lowell High. Game time is 3:45 p.m. at the Livingston Street Fields. The boys will be on the road at Lowell. Also a 3:45 p.m. start time.
4. It's Happening Tonight: A Rachel's Challenge Community Event is scheduled to take place this evening, starting at 6 p.m. at the Wynn School. The one-hour program, named in honor of the life and teachings of Rachel Joy Scott, focusses on building a culture of kindness and compassion within the school community. Rachel was one of the thirteen students and faculty killed in the Columbine High School tragedy in April, 1999. After her death, Rachel’s family discovered journals and pictures that predicted an early end to her vibrant and innocent life but also foretold the story of a young woman whose legacy would be to create a more open and accepting environment in schools throughout the nation. “I have this theory that if one person will go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same.” - Rachel Scott
5. It's Happening Tonight, Part 2: The Fall Special Town Meeting is scheduled to take place tonight at 7 p.m. in the McGrath Performing Arts Center at Tewksbury High. Click here for a break down of all 19 articles on the warrant.
And Don't Forget: Tonight's Special Topwn Meeting will NOT be broadcast live on public access TV. However, Tewksbury Patch will be blogging live from the STM starting at 6:30 p.m. and continuing through the last vote.