Here are five pieces of information designed to help you get over the hump this Wednesday morning and to help make you the smartest person who has not yet set foot in a mall since polishing off that last slice of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will see showers, mainly before noon. Temperature falling to around 43 by 5pm. West wind 8 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Calm wind.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Friday Night A chance of showers after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. Quote of the Day: "We all know this is an amazing statue and one of the main gateways to the community. We want to bring visible attention to the statue itself." Lorayne Black, landscape architect hired to re-design the Wamesit Indian Park on Route 38.
3. It's Happening Tonight: The Boston North Business Association will be holding its Annual Holiday Business Mixer tonight from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Andover Wyndham Hotel. Here is your chance to mix some fun with business and celebrate another successful year with BNBA. For more information, click here.
4. Reader Comment of the Day: "What is going on with East St.? Anyone know if they are planning to repave the entire road when completed or leave that long stretch of patched road as is? Although I appreciate them finally smoothing the pavement at the tracks, I am hoping that stretch gets repaved properly. It's tough to drive down daily!!" Reader Julia, commenting on the story,
5. K9 Search At Wynn Middle School: A cooperative effort between the Tewksbury Public Schools, Tewksbury Police Department and the Middlesex County Sheriff's Department resulted in a K9 search of the lockers at the Wynn Middle School. Five dogs were involved in the search, including one from Tewskbury, one from Westford and three from the Middlesex Sheriff. The good news is no drugs were found.
And Don't Forget -- Coupons, Coupons, Coupons: Let's be honest, you know you could stand to save some money on your grocery bill. Well click here to check out the Tewksbury Patch Coupons Page! you will find store coupons for such stores as Hanneford's, Stop and Shop, CVS and many more. You could easily save $15-$20 a week.