Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Wednesday started in high gear and to help make you the smartest person who ever thought a 401K would be a REALLY long race.
1. Your 3-day Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be a chance of showers, mainly between 1pm and 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. South wind between 5 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. West wind at 6 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Thursday: A chance of rain showers before 11am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind between 8 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Northwest wind between 8 and 16 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 50.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
2. It's Happening Today: Patch Academy will be going on from 3 to 5 p.m. (stop in anytime) at the Panera Bread in Wilmington. And yes, free refreshments and giveaways.
3. It's Happening Today, The Sequel: It runs from 5 to 8 p.m. at the and features samples from some of the best restaurants in Tewksbury and the surrounding towns. Mmmmmmmm.
4. It's Happening Today, The Final Chapter: will be hosting Tickets are limited but should still be available at the door.
5. Reader Comment of the Day: "I own my own business. It is a struggle every day. Each day is unpredictable. Sometime we are busy and sometimes we could have just one customer. I can see that the economy has not improved by the spending habits of my customers. It is actually reflective of the poll. Some sales are great, others charge $2. I just hope people realize the importance of shopping local, from small businesses. Small businesses give back to the community. It is a win/win situation." Reader Diana Ardagna Cavanaugh, commenting on the story, "Are You Better Off Now Than You Were A Year Ago?"
Don't Forget: Listen to editor Bill Gilman this morning and every Wednesday morning on 980WCAP at 8:20 a.m., chatting with Teddy Panos about the latest Tewksbury headlines.