Here are five pieces of information designed to get your Wednesday off to a tremendous start and to help make you the smartest person at the watercooler.
1. Your Local 3-day Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be a chance of showers. Patchy fog before 1pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 71. South wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 52. West wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 72. Northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.
Thursday Night: Clear, with a low around 42. Southwest wind at 6 mph becoming northwest.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 72.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 47.
2. Quote of the Day: “When I came here I was looking forward to a challenge and a new adventure. I want to provide local customers with a chance to enjoy a new flair and technique right here in Tewksbury without having to leave and go to Boston.” Executive Chef Elmer Smith, talking abou the club's new expansion.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "Great job Doc!! You're a wonderful coach, role model & friend to the girls you coach. You give them many memories & teach them values to carry into their adult life!!" Reader Amy Crowley, commenting on the story,
4. It's Happening Today: State Sen. Barry Finegold, D-Andover, will be hosting his second annual Tewksbury Listening Forum on Wednesday, May 16 at 6:00 p.m. at the This informal, question-and-answer session will give constituents the opportunity to voice their ideas and issues. If you cannot attend the forum, you can tweet a question for the senator through Tewksbury Patch at @tewksburypatch.
5. It's Also happening Today: Game time is 3:30 p.m. at Strong Field.
And Don't Forget: Editor Bill Gilman will be on AM980 WCAP at 8:20 this morning, talking to Teddy Panos about the latest Tewksbury headlines.